Friday 5 October 2012

Every day has a little drama........



Friday is usually just a prep and marking day.  However, because of Gandhi's birthday on Tuesday, our Business 100 class was held today.

And the drama?  Well, George decided this was the day to do his schtick that is probably familiar to those who know him.

He is, of course, reminding the students that they will be able to see farther because they stand, or in this case sit, on the shoulders of the generations who have gone before them.





Poor Gaurav!  Of all the kids I have seen up there on George's shoulders, he was the most terrified!  Of course, the rest of the class loved it, and the camera phones were immediately capturing the scene.

I can't believe this has not yet appeared on Facebook.


Final preparations were being done today for the Hans Raj Hans Charity Sufi Concert that UFV staff and students are helping with tomorrow night.



I couldn't disappoint one of our sweetest little girls who asked me what I planned to wear to the concert.  She went on to say that the girls were all wearing Punjabi suits and I should, too. And because she wanted to introduce me to her parents, she wanted me to be "sparkly."

Sounded like a reason for a shopping trip so off I went with Dilmeet (she loves to take us shopping), and in the short time we had, this is what I bought.  Hope it is sparkly enough!